Fantastic news for HTC One X owners tired of waiting for the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA…your wait is over! Assuming you were patient and are still running the stock firmware, you can now download it to your handset and update it yourself.
To install the update on your stock device (AT&T version ONLY), simply:
1. Download the flash image here.
2. Place the downloaded file in a root directory folder on your device (e.g. /sdcard/).
3. Boot the phone into recovery mode by:
4. Flash the update image from the location you saved it to in step 1. You will need to do the following to get this to work:
5. Once the update has completed your phone will reboot automatically.
Assuming everything went well, you should be enjoying some Android 4.1 Jelly Bean goodness within minutes.
A WORD OF CAUTION! TalkAndroid can not be held accountable for any damage this update method might do to your device. Please err on the side of caution on this one and if you don’t think you are tech savvy enough to do it yourself, go grab the geek down the street to help you out. Hi neighbor!